Tuesday 22 October 2013

A stroll through Wakehurst Place

One of my favourite National Trust places to visit is Wakehurst Place. Its a National Trust property located near ArdinglyWest Sussex in the High Weald of southern England, comprising a late 16th-century country house and a mainly 20th-century garden, managed by the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew.

There are lakes, streams, a small waterfall, themed gardens, a gorgeous mansion for weddings and vast woodlands to explore with the family. Its also the best place to be at one with nature if you like to hug trees ;)

In the past, I have always brought my digital camera with me, but the annoying thing about shooting digital in the sunshine is the blown highlights and the yellowish tones you get when shooting with custom WB, sunlight mode. It takes me twice as long to edit each image so, this time round, I decided to shoot RAW and apply the Zone System when spot metering with the D700. 

My next visit to this place will be shot on lovely Kodak Portra 160 film :)




















No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you...are you there, if so, feel free to comment...